Marketing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are your submission guidelines?
- Will my book have a webpage on the Press website?
- How many copies of my book will I get?
- How do I order additional books?
- When will my book be available from Amazon.com, B&T.com, Powells.com, or other internet booksellers?
- What is a publication date? A dock date?
- What can I do to help publicize my book?
- When can I set up a launch, book signing, or other event?
- Do I need to contact reviewers at magazines and newspapers?
- Can I get a flyer for my book?
- I will be presenting or speaking at a conference. Who do I contact?
- How can I make a correction to my bio?
- How do I access my Marketing Questionnaire?
- How do I make a change to my Marketing Questionnaire?
Please see the author Welcome page for information.
The number of copies you will receive gratis is stipulated in your contract. You can also order books at your author discount from our distributor.
Books can be ordered at your author discount from our distributor.
Books are usually available for pre-order from online retailers four to six weeks after the seasonal catalog appears. In other words, no later than December for books announced in a spring catalog, and June for books announced in a fall catalog. See also the sales page.
The publication date is the date that the book will be "in stock" and for sale (without being placed on backorder). The dock date is the date that the books arrive at our distribution center. There is usually a 4-6 week period between these dates. See Important Dates for a more detailed description.
See the Publicity page.
We prefer that you wait to set up special events for your book until after the publication date has been set so that we can make sure books will be available. See Publicity for more information.
No. Our publicity team will take care of that. See Publicity for more information.
Yes. Individual book flyers are available from Joe Peeples as a PDF. Please give Joe two weeks for delivery.
Please contact Joe Peeples.
You should receive an email from Roberta Sparenberg with access information. Please email Roberta if you have any questions.
Use the same access information that Roberta originally provided. Please email Roberta if you make changes after you've submitted the final version.