Black Music Research Journal
Official Journal of the Center for Black Music Research
Begun in 1980, Black Music Research Journal is published in the spring and fall of each year and includes articles about the philosophy, aesthetics, history, and criticism of black music. BMRJ is an official journal of the Center for Black Music Research and is available by subscription and as a benefit of membership with CBMR.
|Print + Electronic||
Non-U.S. Postage: $10.00
Individuals: Please contact the Center directly at http://www.colum.edu/CBMR/Join_the_Center/
Center for Black Music Research Associates Memberships:
The Center for Black Music Research invites your organization to help support the efforts of the CBMR to document, preserve, and advance black music. Membership fees provide important, unrestricted funds that support CBMR programming, archival collections, and general operations. As a non-profit research unit, the CBMR depends on a diverse range of funding sources to further its work, and the CBMR Associates program rewards your help with a direct link to CBMR activities.
Institutional Associate Membership
This level of membership is open to both individuals and organizations.
1 Year, $170.00 ($180.00 non-U.S.)
Institutional Associates receive:
- A yearly subscription to the Center's semiannual newsletter, CBMR Digest
- Photocopying of research documents (according to the provisions of copyright law) equal to as much as $10.00 during the membership year
- Periodic e-mail updates that include job postings by CBMR Institutional Members, CBMR news, or other news items relevant to the field
- Listing of the member's name on the CBMR website and in the CBMR Digest
- Issues of all CBMR publications (including the Black Music Research Journal) released during the year of membership (number will vary depending on publication schedule)
- A special membership price for each book in the Music of the African Diaspora Series, offered on a one-time basis as the books are released
- Online access to the BMRJ archive via the JSTOR Current Scholarship Program.
- Free job postings in the Job Listings section of the CBMR's website plus notice in The CBMR Associate e-newsletter
Rates shown are applicable to 2014 subscriptions/memberships.
Single Issues: $15.00
Please call 866-244-0626 or email helpdesk to check issue availability.
Academic ASAP; Academic OneFile; Arts & Humanities Citation Index; Current Contents Arts & Humanities; Dietrich's Index Philosophicus; Expanded Academic ASAP; General Reference Center; General Reference; Center International; Humanities Abstracts; Humanities Full Text; Humanities Index; Humanities International Complete; Humanities International Index; IBZ - Internationale Bibliographie der Geistes- und; Sozialwissenschaftlichen Zeitschriftenliteratur; Internationale Bibliographie der Rezensionen Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaftlicher Literatur; International Index to Black Periodicals Full Text; International Index to Music Periodicals; InfoTrac Custom; InfoTrac OneFile ; InfoTrac Student Edition; InfoTrac Student Edition K12; International Index to Music Periodicals; Music Article Guide; Periodicals Index Online; Personal Alert (E-mail); RILM; Abstracts of Music Literature; Student Recource Center; SwetsWise All Titles; The Music Index; TOC Premier; and Wilson OmniFile.
|Full Page||$225||4.375" x 7.25"|
|Half Page||$150||4.375" x 3.625"|
|Spring||Feb 1||Mar 1|
|Fall||Aug 1||Sep 1|
Online ads appear on the BMRJ pages at JSTOR.org.
Ad size: 300 (w) x 250 (h) pixels
Duration: 90 days
Web traffic analyis is available.
Moving with the Giants of Jazz, Swing, and Rhythm and Blues
Joe Evans with Christopher Brooks
Race, Rap, and the Performance of Masculinity
Race, Sexual Politics, and Women's Music
Eileen M. Hayes
New Perspectives on the Blues
Edited by David Evans
More than the Blues
Edited by Eileen M. Hayes and Linda F. Williams
The Jimmy Rogers Story
Wayne Everett Goins
American and British Folk Music in the 1950s
Ronald D. Cohen and Rachel Clare Donaldson
The March on Washington Movement, 1941-1946
Creativity and Continuity in Six Communities
Susan Eike Spalding
Music, Language, and Emotion in Islamicate South Asia
Richard K. Wolf