Black Women, Gender & Families
PDFs are permitted and issued for the following:
- Tenure dossier.
- Special workshops the author is moderating.
- Other requests to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- All PDFs will include a statement of copyright and a provision that the articles will not be photocopied, distributed, or used for purposes other than the terms agreed to by UIP.
Preprints are permitted for:
- University repositories; UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the preprint.
Postprints are permitted for:
- Non-profit archives and repositories; Articles must be at least one year old. UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the postprint and a link back to the UIP BWGF page.
- Personal and commercial Web sites; Articles must be at least three years old. UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the postprint and a link back to the UIP BWGF page.
Please contact the Rights and Permissions Manager for more information.
Please send all requests to:
Rights and Permissions Manager
Feminist and Postcolonial Issues
Transaesthetics and Black Sexual Cultures
L. H. Stallings
Apartheid-Era African American and South African Writing
Looking at Images of African American Suffering and Death
Courtney R. Baker
Racist Violence in Kansas, 1861-1927
Brent M. S. Campney
Richard Durham, Radio, and Freedom
Sonja D. Williams
Architectures of Confinement and Black Masculinity in Chicago
Harold Gibbons, Ernest Calloway, and Working-Class Citizenship
Readings of Race, Impossible Mourning, and African American Ritual