Black Women, Gender & Families
PDFs are permitted and issued for the following:
- Tenure dossier.
- Special workshops the author is moderating.
- Other requests to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- All PDFs will include a statement of copyright and a provision that the articles will not be photocopied, distributed, or used for purposes other than the terms agreed to by UIP.
Preprints are permitted for:
- University repositories; UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the preprint.
Postprints are permitted for:
- Non-profit archives and repositories; Articles must be at least one year old. UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the postprint and a link back to the UIP BWGF page.
- Personal and commercial Web sites; Articles must be at least three years old. UIP requires a publication statement to be posted along with the postprint and a link back to the UIP BWGF page.
Please contact the Rights and Permissions Manager for more information.
Please send all requests to:
Rights and Permissions Manager
Feminist and Postcolonial Issues
Gender and Race in the Army Nurse Corps
Charissa J. Threat
Dr. Lawrence A. Nixon and Black Activism
An African American Family Saga
Jane C. Beck
Roots and Branches of Southern Appalachian Dance
Illicit Sexuality, Nationalism, and Politics in Colonial Nigeria, 1900-1958
From the Era of Frederick Douglass to the Age of Obama
Edited by Linda Heywood, Allison Blakely, Charles Stith, and Joshua C. Yesnowitz
Race, Cultural Nationalism, and U.S. Colonialism in Puerto Rico
Isar P. Godreau
Chicago and the Birth of Gospel Music