Call for Papers
Journal of Animal Ethics
An academic journal of progressive thought about animals published by the University of Illinois Press in partnership with the Ferrater Mora Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics.
- The Journal is a focus of inquiry, argument, and exchange dedicated to exploring the moral dimension of our relations with animals.
- Its aim is to put animals on the intellectual agenda and to stimulate discussion within academic and professional institutions.
- It is multidisciplinary in nature, international in scope, and peer-reviewed.
- It covers theoretical and applied aspects of animal ethics–of interest to academics from the humanities and the sciences, as well as professionals working in the field of animal protection.
- The Journal comprises: full-length scholarly articles, “Argument” pieces in which authors will advance a particular perspective (usually related to current affairs) or respond to a previous article, review or research reports, as well as review articles and reviews.
- The Editors are Professors Andrew Linzey and Priscilla N. Cohn.
We are looking for articles (3-5,000 words), “Argument” pieces (1-2,000 words), reviews and review articles, that have relevance to the ethics of our treatment of animals.
Guidelines for authors and further details of the Journal are available here.
Contributions should be sent via email to the co-editor, Professor Andrew Linzey, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who would also be pleased to discuss potential contributions. Books for review should be sent to the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, 91 Iffley Road, Oxford OX4 1EG.
Animals in the Christian Tradition
An Interdisciplinary Approach to Christian Ethics
Edited by Patricia Beattie Jung and Aana Marie Vigen
Edited by Andrew Linzey
Morality, Evolution, and Victorian Civilization
A Voice from Tatekeya's Earth
Women, Animals, and Social Justice
Edited by Lisa Kemmerer
Edited by Andrew Linzey and Clair Linzey
Manhood and the Exploitation of Animals
Daniel A. Dombrowski and Robert Deltete
Edited by Andrew Linzey and Priscilla N. Cohn