Wing. Livingston. Seven miles northeast of Fairbury. Founded in 1883 by a man named Byrd. According to a local story, there was already a Byrd in Illinois so there ought to be a Wing as well (History of Livingston County [1991], 36). Post office established Sept. 28, 1881.

*****

From Place Names of Illinois by Edward Callary

Comments are closed.