Journal of Aesthetic Education
The Journal of Aesthetic Education is a peer-reviewed journal that seeks to clarify the issues of aesthetic education understood in its most extensive meaning and explicating philosophical and theoretical approaches that address and clarify these issues.
- Manuscripts must be submitted in an electronic format, preferably in a Word or rich text file transmitted to our electronic manuscript submission system. This secure, personalized resource will allow you to track your manuscript through each step of the acceptance and production process. To begin, Click Here to set up your personal account and upload your submission.
- Authors should follow Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition) in preparing their manuscripts, using endnotes as the method of citation. Endnotes should be numbered within the text in accordance with the format given in the Chicago Manual of Style.
- No editorial consideration will be given to manuscripts that have been published elsewhere or are under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The Editor usually assigns book reviews for the Journal. If any author is willing to review a book for the Journal, please send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for copyrighted images and text:
- It is the responsibility of the author to obtain authorization from copyright holders for images and text reprinted in the Journal of Aesthetic Education. Electronic and print rights are required. All illustrations are reproduced in black-and-white.
- The author is required to submit the original permission letters for all copyrighted material used in his/her manuscripts to the Press. It is encouraged that the authors submit images separately from their contributions, with call-outs inserted into the text where the images would appear (for example, <Insert Figure 1 near here>). Images should be formatted as 300 dpi grayscale TIFFs and line art should have a resolution of 1200 dpi or better.
- The author should send the permission letter(s) to the following address:
Journal of Aesthetic Education
University of Illinois Press
1325 S. Oak St.
Champaign, IL 61820
The Journal is maintained as an open forum of discussion and as a channel of communication. All articles and editorials appearing in it are to be regarded as the expressions of the viewpoints of the particular writers and not as the official position of the Journal of Aesthetic Education, the College of Education, or the University of Illinois.
Looking at Images of African American Suffering and Death
Courtney R. Baker
The Black Arts Movement and Twenty-First-Century Aesthetics
Margo Natalie Crawford
Pro-Americanism, Anti-Americanism, and the Discourses Between
Edited by Virginia R. Dominguez and Jane C. Desmond
Globalization and the Filipino Diaspora
Harrod J. Suarez
A Walk around the World at the Columbian Exposition
Norman Bolotin with Christine Laing
Edited by Neal Pease
Narratives of Disenchantment and the Model Minority
Edited by Andrew Linzey and Clair Linzey
Edited by Anna D. Jaroszynska-Kirchmann
The Old Negro in New Negro Art