The University of Illinois Press seeks a Digital Marketing Manager to be a member of the marketing team involved in the promotion of published content. This position is responsible for marketing content via social media platforms and in-house e-mail lists. The Digital Marketing Manager will build and expand follower and customers base, helping achieve goals set by Press Director and Marketing & Sales Manager. This position will also engage in outward facing activities such as book festivals and academic conferences.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Additional responsibilities include:
Promote published content
- Oversee management of University of Illinois Press social media platforms, while keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Oversee management of the University of Illinois Press’s direct e-mail program, maintaining e-mail lists, planning and executing campaigns, and coordinating books and journals related content.
- Monitor social media conversations in scholarly communities, engage with key audiences and customers, and respond to comments and queries.
- Create Virtual Exhibits to supplement conference attendance.
- Manage content on the website homepage by regularly updating featured titles and promotions.
- Attend book festivals, public events, and scholarly conferences to promote and sell published content.
- Maintain harmonious and productive relations with authors, series editors, and other Press departments. Serve as positive representative of the Press to the public.
- Foster innovation and cross-departmental collaboration at the Press. Contribute to Presswide initiatives.
Train, supervise, mentor
- Train, mentor, and supervise student staff as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities appropriate for a Digital Marketing Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- One year of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
- Experience in digital marketing experience or the equivalent, demonstrating knowledge of and commitment to advancing and advocating for scholarship in the humanities and/or humanistic social sciences. Scholarly publishing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to establish a culture of teamwork, continuous learning, and collegiality within the department and with other groups at the Press.
- High degree of organization and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to transform complex topics into digestible content.
- Proficiency with social media and direct mail management tools like Hootsuite, Later, and Mailchimp.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign or online graphic creation tools like Canva or Adobe Spark.
- Ability to balance multiple competing demands.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to inspire trust.
- Some travel required.
Deadline: January 19, 2022
See the full listing here and apply here: https://jobs.illinois.edu/administrative-positions/job-details?jobID=157754&job=digital-marketing-manager-university-press-157754