The University of Illinois Press is excited to debut our new website!
As we continually work to better serve our authors, editors, and readers, we have implemented some wonderful new features and ways to share information. The new UIP website brings together our content in ways designed to meet our users’ needs for how they search for, find, and access the content that is important to their work and lives.
New Features Include:
- Detailed descriptions and how-to guides for submitting to both books and journals
- Dedicated Open Access sections for both books and journals that describe our policy and philosophy and make accessing our free content convenient
- A redesigned blog with improved navigation
- Responsive design, mobile compatibility, and accessibility
- Improved navigation and search options for browsing books and journals
- A Support the Press section where you can learn about becoming a supporter of our mission
University of Illinois Press director, Laurie Matheson, says “We are very excited to launch our new website, bringing dynamic new accessibility and functionality to users. As library book sales and journal subscriptions become more contingent on patron requests and thus less reliable, we are working harder than ever to connect our content with individual users. Our website is a crucial venue for engaging with current and prospective authors, buyers, subscribers, donors, and friends.”
We hope that you enjoy this new site as much as we have enjoyed creating it!