Welcome to the University of Illinois Press’s virtual exhibit for the 2021 Association for Recorded Sound Collections annual conference! We hope you’ll step inside our virtual booth and browse new books, journals, author and staff interviews, and more. Be sure to use promo code ARSC21 on our website for 50% off all of our music books May 12-15, 2021!
Laurie Matheson is the director of the University of Illinois Press. Her areas of acquisition include the subjects of Music, Dance, and Folklore. Laurie joined the Press in 1996 as a graduate assistant, later going on to become an acquisitions editor, then editor-in-chief before taking over as director of the Press.
Click here to read an interview with her.
University of Illinois Press on Spotify
Playlist for Unlikely Angel: The Songs of Dolly Parton
More From Our Authors
- Read a Q&A with Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel
- Watch an excerpt from The Music Makers with a performance from the Dottie Dodgion Quartet, live at the Casa Munras Hotel
- Read more from John Milward, author of Americanaland, on his website
- Watch Lydia R. Hamessley talk about her book, Unlikely Angel
- Five Things You Should Know About Florence Price
- Read a blog post by Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel, on the Women’s History Network
- Listen to an interview with Carlene Brown and Guthrie Ramsey Jr. about The Heart of a Woman on the New Books Network
- Read an excerpt from Unlikely Angel on Literary Hub
- Listen to a recording of a 1978 jazz festival featuring Dottie Dodgion on the drums
- Read an interview with Rae Linda Brown, author of The Heart of a Woman, on Black Perspectives
- Listen to an interview with Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel, on the Reality Life with Kate Casey podcast