Welcome to the 2020 University of Illinois Press Association for Asian American Studies (AAAS) Virtual Exhibit! While we wish this could be an in-person event, we’re still excited to show you our Asian American scholarship collection. Enjoy books, journal articles, author interviews, and more in this virtual exhibit! Also, make sure to use promo code AAAS20 for 50% off Asian American studies books on the UIP website from August 10th to the 14th.
Recent and Forthcoming Books
Discover All UIP Asian American Studies Titles
To commemorate this virtual exhibit, all UIP Asian American studies books will be 50% off with the code AAAS20 from August 10th to the 14th. You can find a comprehensive list of these titles here.
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month at the Press
In May, the Press celebrated Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and shared several notable Asian American titles on the UIP blog.
To find out more about these featured titles and other Asian Pacific American scholarship, read the full blog post here.
UIP Journals Featuring Asian American Studies Scholarship
Further Reading from Our Authors, Editors, and More
- Dawn Durante on 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage
- Kimberly D. McKee and Denise A. Delgado on Degrees of Difference
- Elizabeth A. Clendinning on “Musical Kinship in the Transnational Balinese Gamelan Community”
- Kimberly D. McKee on adoption and ethnic studies
- Jonathon Y. Okamura on “Asian American Studies in the Age of Transnationalism”
- Kimberly D. McKee and Denise A. Delgado on editing Degrees of Difference
- Gina K. Velasco on “Negotiating Legacies: The ‘Traffic in Women’ and the Politics of Filipina/o American Feminist Solidarity”
- Kimberly D. McKee on transracial adoption resources
- Ashwini Tambe on “The Moral Hierarchies of Age Standards”
- Kimberly D. McKee on “Conceptualizing an Adoption Pedagogy”
- Leta E. Miller’s Lou Harrison