Welcome to the University of Illinois Press’s virtual exhibit for the 37th Annual International Country Music Conference! We hope you’ll step inside our virtual booth and browse new books, featured music playlists, author and staff interviews, and more. Use promo code ICMC21 for 50% off all of our country music books when ordering from our website June 3-5, 2021!
Featured Journal: American Music
Laurie Matheson is the director of the University of Illinois Press. Her areas of acquisition include the subjects of Music, Dance, and Folklore. If you’re working on a book project, please feel free to reach out to her during the conference here.
Click here to read an interview with Laurie Matheson.
University of Illinois Press on Spotify
Playlist for Unlikely Angel: The Songs of Dolly Parton
More From Our Authors
- Read a Q&A with Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel
- Read more from John Milward, author of Americanaland, on his website
- Watch Lydia R. Hamessley talk about her book, Unlikely Angel
- Read a blog post by Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel, on the Women’s History Network
- Read an excerpt from Unlikely Angel on Literary Hub
- Listen to an interview with Lydia R. Hamessley, author of Unlikely Angel, on the Reality Life with Kate Casey podcast
- Read an interview with the editors of Industrial Strength Bluegrass
- Read a feature on Industrial Strength Bluegrass in the Dayton Daily News
- Buy the companion album to Industrial Strength Bluegrass
- Watch contributor Joe Mullins discussing the influential sites in the story behind Industrial Strength Bluegrass
- Listen to an interview with Fred Bartenstein on WYSO’s Book Nook
- Read an excerpt from Bill Monroe: The Life and Music of the Blue Grass Man
- Visit the webpage oof Diane Diekman, author of Twentieth Century Drifter
- Watch an interview with Mike Doubler on WSMV TV’s Today in Nashville
- Watch an interview with Mike Doubler, author of Dixie Dewdrop, on WCBM Radio Bristol
- George Jones and WSM
- Bill Malone, SoLost, and Country Music