Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 National Women’s Studies Association annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code NWSA23 for 50% off of all of our books when ordering from our website, October 26-29, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive the next issue of Women, Gender, and Families of Color for free.
2023 NWSA/UIP First Book Prize Winners
Jennifer L. Freeman Marshall, author of Ain’t I an Anthropologist: Zora Neale Hurston Beyond the Literary Icon, and Shreerekha Pillai, editor of Carceral Liberalism: Feminist Voices against State Violence, will be signing copies of their books at the UIP table on Friday, October 27 at 4pm ET and Saturday, October 28 at 3pm ET (respectively).
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Event
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to The UPside Podcast:
- Listen to an interview with the author of Reading Pleasures on WNYC’s The Takeaway
- Read the table of contents for Virgin Crossing Borders
- Read an excerpt from The Cinema of Barbara Stanwyck in Literary Hub
- Watch the book launch event for Playful Protest
- Read an op-ed from the editor of Carceral Liberalism
- Listen to an interview with the author of Women’s Activist Theatre in Jamaica and South Africa on the Ideas on Fire podcast
- Read a Q&A with the author of Care Activism
- Listen to an interview with the author of The Sexual Politics of Empire on the Neg Mawon podcast