Welcome to the University of Illinois Press’s virtual exhibit for the 2021 Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication annual meeting. We hope you’ll step inside our virtual booth and browse new books, journal articles, author interviews, and more. Be sure to use promo code AEJMC21 for 50% off all of our communications and information books August 4-7, 2021!
Featured Books in The History of Communication Series
Featured Books in The Geopolitics of Information Series
Photographic Presidents Virtual Book Launch
Fighting Visibility Virtual Book Launch
Daniel Nasset is the new editor-in-chief at the University of Illinois Press. Danny came to Illinois as an assistant acquisitions editor in 2009, becoming an acquisitions editor in 2011 and a senior acquisitions editor in 2016. Danny has distinguished himself with his acquisitions in history, sports, American studies, communication and media studies!
Click here to read an interview with him.
Click here to contact him by email.
Essential Titles On The History of The Black Press
Interested in learning about the significance of the Black press in shaping our media consumption? Click here to see our list of essential titles on the history and impact of the Black press in the United States!
August’s Free Ebook: The Enforcers
Browse our Subject Catalog
More From Our Authors
- “The irony of complaints about Nikole Hannah-Jones’s advocacy journalism” by Sid Bedingfield in the Washington Post
- Q&A with Amanda Frisken, Author of Graphic News
- “The Taliban wants to rule Afghanistan again, but the country has changed by Wazhmah Osman” by Wazhmah Osman in The Washington Post
- Watch video introductions to each chapter on Women’s Suffrage and the Media
- “The Fog of the Forever War with a Laugh Track in ‘United States of Al'” by Wazhmah Osman in MERIP
- Listen to an interview with Wazhmah Osman on the New Books Network
- Watch an interview with Cara Finnegan on WCIA CiLiving
- Listen to an interview with Cara Finnegan on This American President
- Read a Scholar Spotlight interview with Jennifer McClearen in JCMS
- “The Rise of UFC Fighters obscures profound exploitation” by Jennifer McClearen in The Conversation
- Q&A with Andrea Wenzel, Author of Community Centered Journalism
- Listen to an interview with Andrea Wenzel on New Books Network
- Read an interview with E. James West on Black Perspectives
- Ebony Magazine and Lerone Bennett Jr. in the Chicago Sun Times
- “What the Mainstream News Media Can Learn From the Black Press in the Age of a Pandemic” by Kim Gallon on Medium
- Listen to an interview with Kim Gallon on the New Books Network
- Q&A with Jasmine Mitchell on Black Agenda Report