Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 International Bluegrass Music Association annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code IBMA23 for 50% off of all of our bluegrass, country, folk, and old time music titles when ordering from our website, September 26-28, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of American Music.
Special Journals Promo
Laurie Matheson is the director of the University of Illinois Press. Her areas of acquisition include the subjects of Music, Dance, and Folklore. If you’re working on a book project, please feel free to reach out to her during the conference here.
Click here to read an interview with Laurie Matheson.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast series, The UPside:
- Recommended reading in Bulletin of the Council for Research in Music Education blog post
- Music in American Life Series featured in Bluegrass Unlimited
- How Bean Blossom Bloomed, from Indiana Public Media
- Queer Country Spotify playlist
- Read an interview with Bob Black on Bluegrass Today
- Read an interview with Mark Hembree in the Milwaukee Shepherd Express
- Read a feature on Industrial Strength Bluegrass in the Dayton Daily News
- Listen to the Americanaland podcast
- Read a Q&A with Jean R. Freedman, author of Peggy Seeger
- Spotify playlist for the Hillbilly Maidens, Okies, and Cowgirls
- Watch an event with Lydia R. Hamessley at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Listen to an interview with Thomas Goldsmith on WUNC The State Of Things