Welcome to the University of Illinois Press American Studies Association 2021 virtual exhibit! Step inside and take a look at some of our featured journals and books as well as interviews with UIP authors. Use promo code ASA21 to get 50% off all American Studies books on our website! Also buy three books and get a free issue of the journal Visual Arts Research. The sale runs October 7-14, 2021.
Celebrating Filipino American History Month
Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
The New Black Studies Series
Featured Books on Sports
UIPside Podcast with Dr. Tiffany Florvil and Acquisitions Editor Dominique Moore
Browse Our Subject Catalog
Virtual Book Launch with Jennifer McClearen
Virtual Book Launch with Cara A. Finnegan
Virtual Book Launch with Danielle Fuentes Morgan
We are pleased to announce that Dominique Moore has joined the University of Illinois Press as an acquisitions editor. She will acquire in the fields of Black studies, women’s, gender, and sexuality studies, and American ethnic studies. With years of freelance work as a copyeditor and proofreader and positions that include managing editor at Human Kinetics, Mellon University Press Diversity Fellow at the Ohio State University Press, and, most recently, assistant editor at the University of North Carolina Press, she brings a wealth of publishing experience to UIP. You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
Read the full announcement here.
Click here to contact her by email.
Daniel Nasset is the new editor-in-chief at the University of Illinois Press. Danny came to Illinois as an assistant acquisitions editor in 2009, becoming an acquisitions editor in 2011 and a senior acquisitions editor in 2016. Danny has distinguished himself with his acquisitions in history, sports, American studies, communication and media studies!
Click here to read an interview with him.
Click here to contact him by email.
More From Our Authors
- Watch an interview with Claudrena N. Harold on Left of Black
- Listen to an interview with Lynn Hudson on the Crown City Podcast
- Read a Q&A with Rachel Afi Quinn on Being La Dominicana
- Listen to an interview with Eithne Luibhéid and Karma R. Chávez on the Immigrantly podcast
- Watch an event with Lydia R. Hamessley at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- What the Mainstream News Media Can Learn From the Black Press in the Age of a Pandemic by Kim Gallon on Medium
- Read a piece by Betsy Wood in The Conversation
- Read an excerpt of Manifest Technique on PopMatters
- Listen to an interview with Gina K. Velasco on the CFSC Collective podcast
- Read an interview with Deborah Kanter on Chicago Catholic
- “The Burden of Demanding Black Excellence” by Badia Ahad-Legardy in DAME
- Listen to an interview with GerShun Avilez on the New Books Network
- “Looking Past Protest” by Koritha Mitchell in Women’s History Network
- Listen to an interview with Georgia Cervin on the Keep the Flame Alive podcast
- Listen to an interview with Cat A. Ariail on the Keep the Flame Alive podcast
- Listen to an interview with Jennifer McClearen on the Burn it All Down podcast
- Watch an interview with Cara Finnegan on WCIA CiLiving