Welcome to the 2022 University of Illinois Press Association for Asian American Studies (AAAS) Virtual Exhibit. Enjoy books, journals, author interviews, and be sure to download a free e-book Queering the Global Filipina Body by Gina K. Velasco. And, use promo code AAAS22 to receive 50% off all Asian American studies books on our website. Buy three books and get a free copy of the journal Women, Gender, and Families of Color April 14-16, 2022.
New Books in the Asian American Experience Series, edited by Eiichiro Azuma, Jigna Desai, Martin Manalansan IV, Lisa Sun-Hee Park, and David K. Yoo
Free E-book Giveaway
University of Illinois Press Journals featuring Asian American Studies Scholarship
Women, Gender, and Families of Color is a multidisciplinary journal that centers on the study of Black, Latina, Indigenous, and Asian American women, gender, and families.
The Journal of American Ethnic History addresses various aspects of North American immigration history and American ethnic history.
Dominique Moore has joined the University of Illinois Press as an acquisitions editor!
Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and a MA in African American studies from UCLA. An Illinois native, she is returning to the Land of Lincoln and brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies, women’s, gender, and sexuality studies, and American ethnic studies. You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
Read the full announcement here.
University of Illinois Press on Spotify
Listen to Leta E. Miller and J. Michele Edwards’s Chen Yi Playlist:
Browse Our Subject Catalog
Further Reading from Our Authors, Editors, and More
- Listen to an interview with Gina K. Velasco on the CFSC Collective podcast
- Elena Tajima’s Website
- Listen to an interview with Mark R. Villegas on This Filipino American Life
- Read an excerpt on PopMatters
- Q&A with Elizabeth A. Clendinning, Author of American Gamelan and the Ethnomusicological Imagination
- Q&A with Leta E. Miller, Co-Author of Chen Yi
- Asian American Studies in the Age of Transnationalism: Diaspora, Race, Community by Jonathan Y. Okamura
- Listen to an Interview with Ashwini Tambe on the Society for the History of Children and Youth Podcast
- Listen to an interview with Amy Sueyoshi on KPFA’s Against the Grain
- Listen to an interview with Amy Sueyoshi on the New Books Network
- Q&A with Himanee Gupta-Carlson, author of Muncie, India(na): Middletown and Asian America