Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 African American Intellectual History Society conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code AAIHS23 for 50% off of all books when ordering from our website, March 9-11, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of the Women, Gender, and Families of Color.
The Journal of American Ethnic History addresses various aspects of North American immigration history and American ethnic history, including background of emigration, ethnic and racial groups, Native Americans, race and ethnic relations, immigration policies, and the processes of incorporation, integration, and acculturation. Women, Gender, and Families of Color is a multidisciplinary journal that centers on the study of Black, Latina, Indigenous, and Asian American women, gender, and families. Click the covers below to learn more about these journals.
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Event
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast series, TheUpside:
- Listen to an interview with Gerlad Horne, author of The Rise and Fall of the Associated Negro Press
- Listen to an interview with the author of Energy Never Dies
- Listen to an interview with the author of Surviving Southampton
- Read a review of Dream Books and Gamblers
- Watch an event with the author of Riding Jane Crow
- Read an excerpt from A House for the Struggle
- A brief intro to Black Rodeo
- Read a Q&A with the author of The Life of Madie Hall Xuma