The University of Illinois Press stands in solidarity with the Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) and the Black community in Florida, who are being intimidated by the policies of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida legislature. For more information, please read this message from ASALH President Marvin Dulaney.
Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 Association for the Study of African American Life and History annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code ASALH23 for 50% off of all of our African American studies titles when ordering from our website, September 20-24, 2022. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of the Women, Gender, and Families of Color.
The Journal of American Ethnic History addresses various aspects of North American immigration history and American ethnic history, including background of emigration, ethnic and racial groups, Native Americans, race and ethnic relations, immigration policies, and the processes of incorporation, integration, and acculturation. Women, Gender, and Families of Color is a multidisciplinary journal that centers on the study of Black, Latina, Indigenous, and Asian American women, gender, and families. Click the covers below to learn more about these journals.
Free E-book Giveaway
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Event
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast series, The UPside:
- Listen to an interview with Badia Ahad-Legardy on WBEZ’s Reset about Afro-Nostalgia
- Learn more about the COMPUGIRLS program
- Listen to an interview with Christina Dickerson-Cousin on The Gilded Age and Progressive Era podcast about Black Indians and Freedmen
- Read an excerpt of Music and Mystique in Muscle Shoals in Deep South Magazine
- Read a Q&A with Stefanie Hunt-Kennedy about Between Fitness and Death
- Ebony Magazine and Lerone Bennett Jr. in the New York Times
- Watch an interview with Claudrena N. Harold about When Sunday Comes on Left of Black
- Tiffany Florvil in conversation with Dominique Moore on the UPside Podcast about Mobilizing Black Germany
- Read a Q&A with Jonathan Fenderson about Building the Black Arts Movement