Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 The Berkshire Conference on the History of Women triennial conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code BERKS23 for 50% off all women and gender studies books when ordering from our website, June 28 – July 1, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive the next issue of Women, Gender, and Families of Color for free.
Women, Gender, and Families of Color is a multidisciplinary journal that centers on the study of Black, Latina, Indigenous, and Asian American women, gender, and families. The journal encourages theoretical and empirical research from history, the social and behavioral sciences, and humanities including comparative and transnational research, and analyses of domestic social, political, economic, and cultural policies and practices within the United States.
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Events
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast, The Upside:
- Read a Q&A with the author of Shadow Traces
- Listen to an interview about The Sexual Politics of Empire on the Ideas on Fire podcast
- Read the preface from Virgin Crossing Borders
- Listen to an interview about The Life of Madie Hall Xuma on the Biographers International podcast
- Read an excerpt from The Cinema of Barbara Stanwyck in Literary Hub
- Read a review of Dream Books and Gamblers in NewCity Lit
- Miriam Thaggert, author of Riding Jane Crow, in conversation with Mia Bay at Newberry Library
- Listen to an interview about Care Activism on the Courage My Friends podcast