Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2022 National Women’s Studies Association annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code NWSA22 for 50% off of all of our books when ordering from our website, November 10-13, 2022. Buy 3 books and receive the next issue of Women, Gender, and Families of Color for free.
Women, Gender, and Families of Color is a multidisciplinary journal that centers on the study of Black, Latina, Indigenous, and Asian American women, gender, and families. Within this framework, the journal encourages theoretical and empirical research from history, the social and behavioral sciences, and humanities including comparative and transnational research, and analyses of domestic social, political, economic, and cultural policies and practices within the United States.
Free E-book Giveaway
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Event
Recent Award Wins
Madam C. J. Walker’s Gospel of Giving: Black Women’s Philanthropy during Jim Crow by Tyrone Mckinley Freeman was named a finalist for the 2022 Indiana Authors Awards in the debut category.
Surviving South Hampton: African American Women and Resistance in Nat Turner’s Community by Vanessa M. Holden won the James H. Broussard Best First Book Prize from Society for Historians of the Early American Republic.
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast with UIP acquisitions editor Dominique Moore and Women, Gender, and Families of Color editor Ayesha Hardison
- Listen to an interview with Tyrone McKinley Freeman, author of Madam C. J. Walker’s Gospel of Giving on the Good CEO podcast
- Listen to an interview with Einav Rabinovitch-Fox, author of Dressed for Freedom on the New Books Network
- Read a Q&A with Wanda A. Hendricks, author of The Life of Madie Hall Xuma
- Listen to an interview with Vanessa Holden, author of Surviving Southampton, on Ben Franklin’s World
- Read an interview with Aria S. Halliday, author of Buy Black, in Forbes
- “[Food Instagram] Will Change the Way You Look at Food on Instagram” in Thrillist