Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2022 American Folklore Society annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code AFS22 for 50% off of all of our folklore titles when ordering from our website, October 12–15, 2022. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of Journal of American Folklore.
Recent Award Wins
Industrial Strength Bluegrass: Southwestern Ohio’s Musical Legacy by Fred Bartenstein and Curtis W. Ellison named finalist for the 2022 ARSC Awards for Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research in the category of Best Historical Research in Recorded Country, Folk, World or Roots Music.
Free E-book Giveaway
Special Journals Promo
Laurie Matheson is the director of the University of Illinois Press. Her areas of acquisition include the subjects of Music, Dance, and Folklore. If you’re working on a book project, please feel free to reach out to her during the conference here.
Click here to listen to an interview with Laurie Matheson and American Music editor Todd Decker.
Lisa Gilman is professor of folklore in George Mason University’s English Department and the editor-in-chief of the Journal of American Folklore. If you’re interested in submitting a proposal to JAF, please email Lisa here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Read a Q&A with Peter Hoesing, author of Kusamira Music in Uganda
- How Bean Blossom Bloomed, from Indiana Public Media
- Listen to an interview with the editors of Performing Environmentalisms
- Read a feature on Industrial Strength Bluegrass in the Dayton Daily News
- Read a Q&A with Jean R. Freedman, author of Peggy Seeger
- Watch an event with Lydia R. Hamessley at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Listen to an interview with Thomas Goldsmith on WUNC The State Of Things
- Listen to an interview with Stephen Wade on NPR / All Things Considered
- Listen to an interview with Phil Jamison on Radiolab