Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 Organization of American Historians conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code OAH23 for 50% off of all books when ordering from our website, March 30 – April 1, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of the Journal of Appalachian Studies.
New & Forthcoming Books
Disability Histories News
NOW ANNOUNCING a new prize in partnership with the Disability Histories series and the Disability History Association. The Outstanding Dissertation in Disability History prize will be awarded annually, beginning in 2023, to recognize and reward exceptional work in disability history done by early-career scholars. More details here.
Special Journals Promo
This article was the winner of the 2021 Carlton C. Qualey Memorial Article Award, honoring the best article published in the Journal of American Ethnic History in 2021.
Virtual Book Event
Alison Syring is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. She handles a variety of fields including radical studies, labor studies, disability studies, religion, Appalachian studies, digital humanities, and Illinois history!
Click here to read an interview with her on the UIP blog.
Click here to contact Alison by email.
Connect with Alison on Twitter: @AlisonSyring
Dominique Moore is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. Her academic background includes a BA in English with a minor in gender and women’s studies at UIUC and an MA in African American studies from UCLA. Dominique brings experience, knowledge, and passion to her acquisitions in Black studies; women, gender, and sexuality studies; and American ethnic studies.
You can follow her on Twitter at @DomTheEditor.
To contact Dominique by email, click here.
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to our podcast series, TheUpside
- Watch the virtual book launch for the author of Strong Winds and Widow Makers
- Read a Q&A with the author of Fraying Fabric
- Watch a video introduction to Surf & Rescue
- Read a Q&A with the author of The Life of Madie Hall Xuma
- Miriam Thaggert in conversation with Mia Bay at Newberry Library
- Watch the virtual book launch for the author of Dream Books and Gamblers
- Read an excerpt from Playgrounds to the Pros
- Read a Q&A with the author of Between Fitness and Death