Welcome to the University of Illinois Press’s virtual exhibit for the 2022 Society for Cinema and Media Studies annual conference! We hope you’ll step inside our virtual booth and browse new books, journals, author interviews, and more. Buy 3 books to receive a free issue of the Journal of Film and Video! Use promo code SCMS22 for 50% off all of our film and media studies books March 31-April 3 2022!
For more information on the submission guidelines, please visit the following link:
Music and the Moving Image explores the relationship between music and the entire universe of moving images (film, television, music videos, computer games, performance art, and web-based media) through articles, reviews and interviews.
For more information on submission guidelines, visit the following link:
Women and Film History International Series
More Featured Books
Contemporary Film Directors Series
Fighting Disability Book Launch with Jennifer McClearen
Daniel Nasset is the editor-in-chief at the University of Illinois Press. Danny came to Illinois as an assistant acquisitions editor in 2009, becoming an acquisitions editor in 2011 and a senior acquisitions editor in 2016. Danny has distinguished himself with his acquisitions in history, sports, American studies, communication and media studies!
Click here to read an interview with him.
Click here to contact him by email.
Browse Our Subject Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Read an interview with Lester D. Friedman in the Boston Herald
- Watch an interview with Cara Finnegan on WCIA CiLiving
- “The Fog of the Forever War with a Laugh Track in ‘United States of Al'” by Wazhmah Osman in MERIP
- Listen to an interview with Jennifer McClearen on the Burn it All Down podcast
- Q&A with Richard Porton, Author of Film and the Anarchist Imagination, Expanded Second Edition
- Open Screens Book Review of Voicing the Cinema
- Read an interview with Devon Powers on Vox
- Q&A With Melanie Bell, Author of Movie Workers
- Shepherd Express Book Review of Movie Mavens
- Q&A with Susan Potter, author of “Queer Timing”
- Q&A with Jasmine Mitchell, Author of Imagining the Mulatta: Blackness in U.S. and Brazilian Media
- Q&A with Simidele Dosekun, author of Fashioning Postfeminism
- Q&A with Amanda Frisken, author of Graphic News
- Read an interview with Robert Miklitsch in Film International
- Listen to an interview with Sally Bick on CBC Radio
- Read an interview with Jonathan Rosenbaum on RogerEbert.com
- Read an interview with Jonathan Rosenbaum on Film Inquiry
- Q&A with Joshua Lund, Author of Werner Herzog
- “I Was Never Afraid,” An Interview with Lucrecia Martel, article by Gerd Gemünden