Welcome to the University of Illinois Press virtual exhibit for the 2023 American Historical Association annual conference! Explore our extensive collection of books, journals, blog posts, and more. Use the promo code AHA23 for 50% off of all books when ordering from our website, January 5-8, 2023. Buy 3 books and receive a free issue of the Journal of American Ethnic History.
New & Forthcoming Books
Studies of World Migration Series
Disability Histories News
We are happy to announce the exciting innovations coming to our Disability Histories series, including the addition of a new series editor, Stefanie Hunt-Kennedy (author of Between Fitness and Death).
Women & Gender Studies
Explore the table of contents and introductions
to these forthcoming Spring/Summer 2023 titles!
Free E-book Giveaway
Special Journals Promo
Virtual Book Event
Alison Syring is an acquisitions editor at the University of Illinois Press. She handles a variety of fields including radical studies, labor studies, disability studies, religion, Appalachian studies, digital humanities, and Illinois history!
Click here to read an interview with her on the UIP blog.
Click here to contact Alison by email.
Connect with Alison on Twitter: @AlisonSyring
Browse Our Seasonal Catalog
More From Our Authors
- Listen to an interview with Carey Shenkman on the Unauthorized Disclosure podcast
- Watch a roundtable with the authors of Marianne Meets the Mormons at Cafe Europa
- Watch the virtual book launch for the author of Strong Winds and Widow Makers
- Read a Q&A with the author of Fraying Fabric
- Watch a video introduction to Surf & Rescue
- Read a Q&A with the author of The Life of Madie Hall Xuma
- Miriam Thaggert in conversation with Mia Bay at Newberry Library
- Watch the virtual book launch for the author of Dream Books and Gamblers